How do we show the world asthma is serious? 5 tips for being loud about asthma:
- Get the Facts – Education will help you demystify and clarify what is happening. A wealth of information can be found at the Asthma Foundations web site and parent organisation, Asthma Australia . Else visit the Asthma Foundation in your country.
- Be Involved – If you are in Australia, join the Asthma Assist program run by the Asthma Foundations. Keep in the loop and feedback to the Foundation things that may help others in the wider community.
- Use Social Media – Follow the Asthma Foundation in your State or Territory and Asthma Australia on Twitter and Like on Facebook. Sharing posts of information with your family and friends will help others to understand.
- Engage with Health Professionals – Be smart about health management. Find your voice to share what isn’t working as well as what is helping. Work together and know you can speak up. It’s ok to be loud about it.
- Use an Asthma Plan – A medical document to help everyone know what to do and when. That asthma plan written by your doctor, will bang the drum for asthma care for a younger person when you can’t be there as well as guide you along the management journey. It literally will keep everyone on the same page.