The Department of Health and Ageing activity guidelines for Children aged 5-12 state:
* Children need at least 60 minutes (and up to several hours) of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day.
* Children should not spend more than two hours a day using electronic media for entertainment.
Guidelines for Children aged 12-18 advise:
* .. if you’re between 12 and 18 years old, you need to be doing at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day to keep healthy.
* ..you shouldn’t spend more than two hours a day surfing the net, watching TV or playing video games.
Guidelines for Adults aged 18-64 years:
* ..Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes (2 ½ to 5 hours) of moderate intensity physical activity or 75 to 150 minutes (1 ¼ to 2 ½ hours) of vigorous intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities, each week.